Monday, March 4, 2013

Don't Play with Scissors


Don’t Play with Scissors

When we were young our mother would warn us to ‘not play with scissors’.  I’ll bet every one of us was warned of it.  And for the most part, we listened until we were old enough to decide for ourselves how to use them.

Religion is controlling, brutally controlling.  Believers surrender their hearts to a system that doesn’t care about them.  It only cares about how much money the believer can toss into the collection plate. 

I can imagine this god they believe in as a master puppeteer who pulls and twists the strings of control for each believer.  Wars are started for this god’s enjoyment.  Hearts are broken.  Families are destroyed.  Fortunes are lost.  Children are raped and priest are protected.  All under the watchful eye and the deft hands of Giuseppi the puppeteer. 

BUT, we atheists have cut the strings! We’ve found a way to free ourselves from the awful overlord.  And, our freedom isn’t easily won.  There is sometimes a huge price to pay with shunning and disownment.  We lose friends and sometimes a job.

Ya know what?  It’s worth it.  I have never felt so free, so light, so full of life!  I’m glad to have found friends on the internet who think like me.  I don’t feel so alone any more and I hope that I’ve offered solace to others as well.

We need to support each other and help new arrivals feel welcome.  Sometimes it ain’t so bad to play with scissors.

Walk the Path in Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment