Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So, Now You're an Atheist, What Now?


So, Now You’re an Atheist, What Now?

So, you’ve decided that there is no God or any god for that matter.  This is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.  And, to make it worse, this is completely foreign territory for you.

When a person finally decides to step up and formally deny that there are no gods in the world, it can be terrifying.  I remember every time I thought about it, I would feel intense fear.  So strong a fear that I would immediately retreat from the subject.  I was indoctrinated very young and it took 50 years to finally break free.

Twitter, facebook and the other social media places didn’t exist then.  I remember there were a few chatrooms then but my internet connection was so slow that I couldn’t really use them.  Lonely really doesn’t begin to describe my situation living in a fairly remote countryside.

So….my advice to you New Atheist.  Reach out. Go to Twitter.  Go to meetup.com to see if there’s an atheist group in your area.  Google is your friend.  There are more of us out here than you realize.

If you feel brave enough wear a shirt with the big red letter A on it.  I realize that it will take a lot of courage to do this but when others see it, they will wink at you or give you a “thumbs up”

My wish to all new atheists and established ones, too, is to be brave and know that you are not alone. 

Email me anytime and I’ll help if I can. rklauka@yahoo.com

Walk the Path in Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment