Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Who Has the Right to Judge You?


Who Has The Right To Judge You?

In America, for as long as I can remember, someone has been eager to call me a sinner.  “You’ll go to hell for not minding your mother.”  “You will burn for eternity for hitting your sister!”  “If you break the law, hell awaits.”  And the best one, “It’s a sin to masterbate and you will go to hell.”

My responses have changed over the years but I’ve always rejected sin and hell.  Maybe my Bull Shit sensor has always been tuned to this particular threat or maybe I just hear my own drum.  Doesn’t matter.

Here’s the rub: Where do people, especially after you’ve become an adult, think they have a right to judge your acts and belief system?  Who delegated to them the job of sin police?  I’d like to see the badge.

The Bible or Quran is nothing more than a list of things a believer isn’t supposed to do.  While at other times, they are a list of immoral things that are allowed.

I reject those books as any guide for living my life and openly oppose the label of sinner.

Never trust anyone who tells you you're a sinner. Their moral compass is pointing to the Bronze Age.

Walk the Path in Grace

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Where in the world did you grow up?!

    I don't believe anyone has a right to tell another they are going to hell or going to burn. We aren't God. That's between you and Him.

    And I'm certainly not going to point out your sins.

    ReplyDelete